Webinar: Weight Stigma: Keys to Understanding
Presented by WH DPG’s own Carrie Dennett, MPH, RDN, CD:
1 CEU for $19.99 from Today’s Dietitian
The impact of weight on health is a major focus of the medical and dietetic fields, yet weight stigma is prevalent in healthcare and is unaccounted for in mainstream obesity research. This webinar will review the growing body of research identifying negative physical and psychosocial health consequences of weight stigma, and attendees will leave with a better understanding of how to critically assess obesity research and evaluate their own biases and assumption, enabling them to provide better patient care.
After completing this continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Better evaluate research on weight and health.
- Use non-stigmatizing language in written and oral communications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of external and internalized weight stigma.
- Identify personal weight-based biases and stereotypes
- List resources for further education on weight stigma