WOMEN’S HEALTH DPG AWARDS – 2020 NOMINATIONS
Nominations for the WH DPG annual awards are now being solicited. The following awards will be posted in Academy publications and presented at the upcoming FNCE®.
Excellence in Practice Award– this award is to recognize a DPG member who has exhibited outstanding service, dedication and/or innovation to the field of women’s health and nutrition.
Emerging Professional Award – this award is to recognize a member of the DPG who has exhibited interest and initiative in the area of women’s health.
Outstanding Student Award -this award will recognize two (2) student members of the DPG who have exhibited outstanding service, leadership and accomplishment.
Each nomination requires two (2) letters of recommendation. Please consider nominating a qualified candidate or yourself!
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS JUNE 1, 2020.
- Excellence in Practice in Women’s Health – Mara Vitolins, DrPH, MPH, RDN
- Emerging Professional in Women’s Health – Melissa Groves, RDN
Outstanding Student in Women’s Health – Jeani Hunt-Gibbon and Manisha Pise
Spring 2019 Announcement:
Women’s Health DPG member and HOD representative, Kathleen Pellechia received the 2019 Outstanding Preceptor Award from Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP)! Kathleen was nominated by Phyllis McShane, MS, RD, LDN, Director, Dietetic Internship, University of Maryland.
- Excellence in Practice in Women’s Health – Jean Tiffany Cox, MS, RD, LN
- Emerging Professional in Women’s Health – Lauren Manaker MS, RDN, LD, CLEC
- Excellence in Practice in Women’s Health –Helen Lane, PhD, RD
- Emerging Professional in Women’s Health –Kendra Tolbert, MS, RDN, CLC, CDN